[c-nsp] SXI3 strange issue, Loose mode uRPF jumps to strict by itself

bas kilobit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:07:55 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.
I guess I've been lucky to have never run into this before. (6years
working with sup720's)

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> On (2010-07-29 21:21 +0200), bas wrote:
>
> Up-to EARL7.5 (inclusive you) 6500/7600 support only chassis wide uRPF
> setting. Change one setting, chassis wide setting changes.
> That is, do not mix customer and peering ports in them. If you must,
> use ACLs for customers, not uRPF.

ACL's for customers is too much work, tedious and prone to mistakes.

Seeing IPv4 depletion is almost here loose mode on upstream does not
make sense any more.
So I guess we'll move away from that.

Thanks again,

Bas