[c-nsp] Smart Net for used Cisco

Jeff Bacon bacon at walleyesoftware.com
Fri Jul 30 09:23:29 EDT 2010

SOP. It is in my experience easier if you have Network Hardware arrange
the smartnet as well when you buy it, otherwise cisco might have you do
something like send them a picture of the serial number on the card or
something crazy like that (I've heard). I buy used/rfb all the time from
my VAR (world data products), no issues with support other the
occasional mistaken serial number because someone typed it wrong that
will happen irrespective of anything else. Network Hardware should be no
different.

And sometimes buying used is the only option because you can't buy it
new from Cisco because they're out of stock. :I