[c-nsp] Mcast over MPLS

JC Cockburn (JH) ccie15385 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:35:22 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I kindof know the answer for this one, but would like to know if someone has
any nifty ideas how to make this work:

I need to implement multicast (in a VRF) over a non multicast enabled MPLS
network.

Remote sites = approx. 800 (yeah, 800 tunnels aint gonna fly.)

Any ideas?

Also, if someone has any experience enabling MVPN on the core for an ISP
please feel free to send me some info regarding the type of PIM used,
addressing etc.

Thanks people and keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Johnny Cockburn

LAN/WAN Design & System Integration

NIP

Tel: +27 12 680 7114

Fax: +27 12 680 8222

Cellular: 082 564 9891

e-Mail: cockbujh at telkom.co.za

This e-mail is subject to the Telkom electronic communication legal notice,
available at:   <http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF>
http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)