[c-nsp] Real life performance of NPE G1/G2?

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Jun 2 12:39:18 EDT 2010

My experience was a bit different. I could have probably pushed 500Mbps with large packets, but my traffic is composed of a lot of small packets and micro-bursts. So in my case, I don't quantify it's performance in terms of bandwidth, but rather in terms of the volume of packets. I would see it die at or above 50k PPS forwarding through two interfaces. I now use line-rate devices (ASR1002's) in this role and the 7200/7300 series are on the test rack.

-b