[c-nsp] OT: Network Engineers working in the Bay area

CCIE CCIE cciec4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:07:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I know this is off topic, so forgive me for adding to your inbox.

I am a Network Engineer based in the UK, and would like to one day go and
work in the Bay area of San Francisco. Having been there several times I
think it would be a great place to live and work.

I wonder if there are any Brits or Europeans who have managed to get work
over there who would share their experiences with me.

Particularly:

- How they actually go about getting contracts/permie jobs, where they
looked, how it worked being interviewed remotely etc.
- Is it hard to get a Visa etc.

Many thanks in advance!