[c-nsp] Cisco 7600/6500 Netflow

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 17:28:19 EDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 05:57 PM, Adrian Minta wrote:
> On 06/03/10 10:43, Александр Чурсин wrote:
>> Thanks I've read, but what about results of my lab?  Why are "ingress"
>> counters zeros on the PFC?  Sorry for my questions but I newbie in the world
>> of ISP Hardware.
>>

> Putting "ip flow ingress" like you did, only register packets that hit
> the CPU. Those packets are extremely rare because most of them are
> routed by the switch fabric.

Not so. "ip flow ingress" is in fact the correct way to configure
netflow on layer3 interfaces on the 6500/7600 12.2S platform.

The OP is running into confusion about software versus hardware flow
cache entries - the latter has zero counters if the former exists as
well, but will be corrected on export.