[c-nsp] 7206 L2TP and Gigawords

Phil Pierotti phil.pierotti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 22:55:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm running a 7206/G1 with AdvIP Services 12.2(33)SRD3 as an LNS.

Sending periodic accounting updates every ten minutes.

Running a download test to verify the LNS is sending RADIUS Gigawords
attributes (52 and 53), backending against Freeradius.

Looking at the freeradius detail log, it's obvious that my LNS is *not*
generating Gigawords attributes.

>From two successive interim updates, I clearly see byte-counter rollover and
no packet-counter rollover (same user, same session):

        Acct-Output-Octets = 3883719317
        Acct-Output-Packets = 2592080

        Acct-Output-Octets = 257083854
        Acct-Output-Packets = 3036810

And there's no gigawords attribute (Acct-Output-Gigawords, etc) being
generated.

According to Cisco: gigawords attributes are enabled by default (ie only the
NO form of the command will show in the config).
I've checked my config, I'm not NO'ing that (why would you?)

So can anyone suggest why my LNS is not generating these attributes when
they're needed?

Thanks,
Phil P