[c-nsp] HSRP On Bonded ADSL Iterface

Vincent C Jones v.jones at networkingunlimited.com
Tue Jun 8 11:25:52 EDT 2010

Just keep in mind that while tracking the dialer interface is totally
useless, tracking the ADSL interface is only an improvement, not a best
practice. You really should be testing the ADSL link at the IP level to
ensure that it can reach useful destinations on the Internet. This goes
by a variety of names, RTR, SLA, ping-based routing, etc. Just because
the ISP's DSLAM has the interface up does not mean you have useful
connectivity. Of course, if your DSL router does not support this,
you're out of luck.

Good luck and have fun!
--
Vincent C. Jones