[c-nsp] H-VPLS BGP autodiscovery

Anrey Teslenko teslenko.andrey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:15:45 EDT 2010

Hello all,

Does anyone have the experience in configuration of H-VPLS, using BGP as
discovery mechanism?

I try to implement this in my network. Everything works fine, but there are
some problems.
I  tune H-VPLS on cisco 7600 series with SIP-400 as uplink and downlink
interfaces.
I have trouble, when router has two uplinks interfaces - the first on Sip
400 and the second on a LAN card
Detailed output is as follows for my VFI

Local interface: VFI test VFI up
  MPLS VC type is VFI, interworking type is Ethernet
  Destination address: xx.xx.xx.xx, VC ID: 500, VC status: up
    Output interface: none, imposed label stack {302 295}
    Preferred path: not configured
    Default path: active
    Next hop: Invalid ADDR

As result LDP signaling works fine, BGP autodiscovery works fine, however
pseudo wire  has not found outgoing interface
Manual configuration of VFI allows to apply pseudoware-class with
preferred-path, but this configuration is poorly scalable
However in autodiscovery mode I  couldn't apply preferred-path (Cisco say:
"Tunnel selection is not supported with autodiscovered neighbors.")

So my question is: How to properly select output interface (SIP 400 instead
WS-X6704-10GE), configuring of H-VPLS and using BGP autodiscovery?