[c-nsp] null routing in ipv6

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Fri Jun 11 20:29:54 EDT 2010

Your brain isn't running IPv6 yet.
Pony up the six pack.
::2 will be treated as an unreachable.
However, this is bad practice because you can't guaranty someone isn't going to insert a default.
Point the d*$% thing at Null0.

Mack McBride
Network Architect
Viawest, Inc.

Router#show ipv6 route ::1
Routing entry for ::/127
  Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0, type receive
  Route count is 1/1, share count 0
  Routing paths:
    receive via Null0
      Last updated 00:02:11 ago