[c-nsp] Shared vs Independent VLAN learning with Q-in-Q

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Wed Jun 16 16:01:03 EDT 2010

As far as I know there is no way to get this to happen. The bridging decision will be only on the outer Q tag. The inner tag is not considered as part of the MAC lookup.

This why when you get two QinQ tunnels from an ISP they need to be sure they are carried through their network in different vlans, else you can see mac flapping.

-Ben