[c-nsp] BGP routing table !!

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 06:36:42 EDT 2010

On 17/06/10 00:08, Raheel Muhammad wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Might be a basic question but i couldnt find anything, i have cisco 7606 i
> just had a new peering with our upstream provider, but router rebooted when
> routes reached 300k, router is not running anything else as well. Any idea?

That's pretty vague.

Did the router log anything before rebooting? I assume you have syslog
setup? Did you have anything attached to the serial console, and if so
did it output anything?

What does "sh ver" say with regards the last reload reason? e.g.

ac-core#sh ver
<snip>

System returned to ROM by  power cycle at 07:01:04 BST Tue Jun 8 2010
(SP by power on)
System restarted at 07:12:11 BST Tue Jun 8 2010
System image file is "..."
Last reload reason: Reason unspecified

Are there any crashinfo files? Try:

dir bootflash:
dir sup-bootflash:

You say "routes reached 300k" - are you running XL PFC & DFCs? What does:

sh platform hardware pfc mode

...say?