[c-nsp] Specification of RA that responds to RS (applied RA suppress I/F)

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 17 10:17:39 EDT 2010

Thus spake daigo nakayama (nkymdg at gmail.com) on Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 07:57:51AM +0900:
> Hi,
>
> Cat65 interface(GigabitEthernet) sent out RA, when RS was received in
> the interface that applied "ipv6 nd ra suppress". Is this behavior
> within specification ?

If you're looking to stop the responses to solicitation as well, put in
both of these:

 ipv6 nd ra suppress
 ipv6 nd prefix default no-advertise

This has turned out to be a great way to introduce to server hosting
subnets, as you can then go machines/applications one by one to staticly
configure v6 without worring about unintended machines lighting up their
v6 stacks.

Dale