[c-nsp] mpls ip -> lost packets

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jun 22 08:09:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 11:58 -0500, Jeff Bacon wrote:
> All I did was set "mpls ip" and "mpls mtu 1500" on the relevant SVI
> interfaces.

You have "mpls ip" on both ends, right? Not that it should disrupt
traffic like this though.

> Shortly thereafter, TCP connections from clients off device B to vendor
> off device A running via VLAN 300 started dropping packets. Not
> consistently, but in bursts every few seconds.

Does the switch say anything about drops? E.g. "show queueing interface
GiX/Y" and "show interface GiX/Y | incl drop" on the physical interface
carrying VLAN 300.

Is there any system in the drops? Only large packets? Or grouped drops?

--
Peter