[c-nsp] 7606 config issue !!!

Andriy Bilous andriy.bilous at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 10:05:53 EDT 2010

After a couple of fights we gave up using non-ASCII characters. Even when
IOS has no problems with representation, every single piece of management
software has its own special way at showing them.

If you think that underscore is the safe way to work around space characters
parsing then you're wrong.

R6#sh run | sec traffic
ip traffic-export profile test1
  interface FastEthernet0/0
  mac-address 0000.0000.0001
ip traffic-export profile test_2
  interface FastEthernet0/1
  mac-address 0000.0000.0001

R6#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
R6(config)#no ip traffic-export profile test1
R6(config)#no ip traffic-export profile test_2
%Cannot Delete the profile.Another Session may be
                    using the profile. Exit from profile

R6(config)#^Z
R6#sh run | i traffic
ip traffic-export profile test_2

test_2 isn't applied to any interface. The only way to erase this line is
replacing startup-config without it and reload.

R6#sh ver | i Soft
Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
12.4(24)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)