[c-nsp] RSP720-3C-10GE with daughter card = RSP720-3CXL-10GE?

Dmitry Valdov dv at dv.ru
Thu Jun 24 03:38:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

As I understood, the question was about posibility of upgrading 3C to 3CXL by adding
3CXL DFC to it. It was possible to do such upgrade with 3BXL (by adding
WS-F6K-PFC3BXL=). I had done it.
Is it possible to do the same with 3CXL systems? There is no WS-F6K-PFC-3CXL
in GPL. There is only WS-F6700-DFC3CXL  which might be different.

Also is it possible to upgrade 7600-ES20-10G3C to 7600-ES20-10G3CXL by
replacing daughter card on it?

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Matt Nichols wrote:

> No that is not correct. The system, at boot time, will fall back to the lowest common denominator - in this case PFC3C mode. To run in PFC3CXL mode all PFCs on the supervisors have to be 3CXLs, and all DFCS have to be DFC3CXL.
>
> Matt
>
> On Jun 23, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Lobo wrote:
>
>> We're in the process of purchasing some RSP720-3CXL-10GEs for a 7604 and one vendor has told us that they have some RSP720-3C-10GE cards plus PFC3CXL daughter cards which they claim that when combined equates to a regular RSP720-3CXL-10GE.  Is this true?  I mean from a technical stand point it may be true and maybe the only thing I won't have is the 3CXL letters on the outside of the blade.
>>
>> I tried using the dynamic config tool on Cisco's page to build one and I see no option for adding a daughter card to the regular RSP720-3C-10GE to make it the 3CXL version.  Our main concern is that we want to ensure that we can hold the entire global routing table and beyond and so far only the 3CXL version fits that bill.  We also want to make sure we get the default memory that comes with the 3CXL version and make sure we don't get cheated on lower amount of memory.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jose

Dmitry Valdov
CCIE #15379 (R&S and SP)