[c-nsp] Looping up far end smartjack

Andy Koch gawul00 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:53:38 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 22:00, Richey <mylists at battleop.com> wrote:
> I've been looking around and can't find a clear cut answer to this question.
> Is it possible to loop up a far end T1 smart jack using a PA-MC-T3 in a
> 7206?   Often I open a ticket with the lec and they will take an hour or two
> to let us know if they can loop the smart jack up or not.  In a brilliant
> move the customer's primary and secondary contact numbers are numbers on the
> circuit so no one can call to verify that they have power at their site.
>

> Richey

Richey,

I believe the remote T1 loopback features are only for CSU/DSU.  The
trouble comes when you want to loop it back down - it seems that the
software in the router does not have the right loop-down codes.  I
have successfully looped up a remote CSU/DSU but have never been able
to drop it without access to the CSU/DSU that I looped and manually
clearing it (or inserting a T-BIRD and sending the right loop-down
code).

If anyone else has experience in getting this to work, I would be
interested to hear.

Andy