[c-nsp] RSP720-3C-10GE with daughter card = RSP720-3CXL-10GE?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Jun 25 13:40:36 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-25 10:33, Dmitry Valdov wrote:

> Right. The last question was "is SUP upgrade will *work* with RSP or not"?

I never tried it for this particular combination, but the PFCs for
6500 and 7600 are *exactly* the same - it's a piece of hardware
containing ASICs and TCAMs, connected with standarized bus and power
to the baseboard of the Sup/RSP, available in B/C or BXL/CXL versions.

And yes, the "WS-F6K-PFC3CXL" is supported with RSP720, you may check
it on official document:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/12.2SR_supported_hw/7600_hwd.html#wp1030645

Mind it however, the "XL" versions often contain more RP RAM, as
it is expected that for enlarged hardware FIB capability, you will
also have bigger RIBs in RAM. The "VS-F6K-PFC3CXL" part is not shipping
with RAM upgrade AFAIK.

> The same question is for ES20-10G-3C. Will it work if we just change
 > DFC on it to 3CXL?

The part itself, again, is also standarized, but mind it, that there
is no mention in the docs that ES'es can be upgraded. YMMV.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net