[c-nsp] IP issues with 3560

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jun 29 17:31:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 13:17 -0500, Sophan Pheng wrote:
> Here is my config, can you tell me if im heading in the right
> direction?
[...]
> interface Vlan2
>  ip address 10.125.25.4 255.255.255.0
> !
> interface Vlan3
>  ip address 10.125.19.5 255.255.255.0
> !
[...]

That part would seem right, if the server on 10.125.25.5 is placed in
VLAN 2 and the server on 10.125.19.x is placed in VLAN 3. They don't
even strictly need the correct subnet mask, since proxy-arp isn't
disabled, but it would be a very good idea. How do the servers connect
to this switch? Directly or through another switch?

If the servers are configured with the right netmask (255.255.255.0) you
could check what "default gateway" they're using. It needs to be
10.125.25.4 for the server on 10.125.25.5 and 10.125.19.5 for the other
one, at least if you want this 3560 to do the routing.

Can each server ping their gateway?

> I think im confused on the SVI portion, each time I try to set an IP
> to the port interface, it tells me it overlaps with the vlan IP.

You (unfortunately) cannot have overlapping IP networks on different
interfaces on the same Cisco device (in the same VRF). Most times you
don't want that though.

--
Peter