[c-nsp] SNMP MIB for Receiving Prefix Counts for Individual Peers

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Wed Jun 30 09:16:03 EDT 2010

Hi Gary.

> Is anyone aware of a MIB that supports querying the number of prefixes
> (not the individual prefixes) received from a BGP peer?

There is an I-D supporting this:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-10

>From the Overview section:

This MIB addresses several of the deficiencies of the previous BGP-4
MIB.  In particular:

   o  Add several counters of operational interest.  For example, the
      number of routes received from a given BGP peer.

Finding a software supporting the I-D is another story...

--
Pelle