[c-nsp] smaller PI

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Wed Jun 30 12:49:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 18:28 +0200, Grzegorz Janoszka wrote:
> It has been changed recently, now your needs will be meet only for 9
> months. It is the "run out fairly" policy. In a couple of months it will
> be 6 months, eventually 3. And then the IP's will be over.

So, what should we do ?

I'd say:

- Large transit providers (T1) should accept the microalloc from
customers & peers.
- Non-T1 transit providers should setup a default route to T1 upstreams.

It may implement "non-optimized" routing for those prefixes (for T2/T3
networks, except if they accept longer prefixes), but it would be at
least reachable worldwide.

Well, dreams are beautiful... I don't really see T1 networks accept such
small allocs...

Regards,

--
Clément