[c-nsp] Input queue flushes and drops

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Mar 2 17:05:26 EST 2010

Is the VOIP traffic going thru this WAN router or do you have VWIC cards
installed in the 3845 to terminate the VOIP sessions? I had a similar
case opened last year and the TAC recommendation was to disable SPD.
There is a hidden interface command "no spd enable" if you just want to
disable SPD for one interface.  Disabling SDP will remove the input
flushes counter and if you exceed the input queue they will show up
under the input drop counter.   In my case, local terminated VOIP
traffic and intensive IP SLA tests were causing input flushes.  I had to
back off the IP SLA tests and order to prevent the input flushes.