[c-nsp] N1KV woes

Ryan Lambert thirdfrl.nsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:41:35 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Not sure how many folks have experience with the Nexus 1000v, but
wanted to throw this out to the group to see if anyone has conquered
this before. I am fresh out of ideas, and the TAC rep I am talking
with right now is scratching his head in confusion as well. Version is
4.0(4)SV1.2

I'm trying to get my SVS connection working so I can proceed with my
VEM installs, but seeing this when I attempt to connect:

N1KV-VSM1(config-svs-conn)# connect
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
Note: Command execution in progress..please wait
ERROR: [VMWARE-VIM] Operation could not be completed due to connection
failure.Connection
timed out. connect failed in tcp_connect()

Seems to indicate that I have no IP connectivity to the host at all,
which is false.

I can ping it, telnet to 3389/tcp, and I can also telnet to 443 from
my VSM's default gateway. If I browse to https://vcenterserver from my
desktop, I get a vSphere page. No ports being filtered between VSM and
VCenter server.

Here's my SVS config,

svs-domain
  domain id 91
  control vlan 1
  packet vlan 1
  svs mode L3 interface mgmt0
svs connection VC
  protocol vmware-vim
  remote ip address <my vcenter server> port 443
  vmware dvs datacenter-name OH Datacenter

Hopefully someone else has experienced this/resolved it.

Thanks,
Ryan