[c-nsp] Traffic destined to IPs that are null routed, Netflow, and you!

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Mar 12 12:43:41 EST 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Sven Huster wrote:

> Interesting that you say that given that last time round I saw 600Mbps drop off of ingress on a E3 GE port in my NetFlow data once the dst had been blackholed,

What collection/analysis tools were you using?  Did you have the chance to check the NetFlow cache on the relevant LCs for entries related to this traffic?

Both E3 and E5 should all expected normal NetFlow behaviors, including showing stats on dropped traffic as having a destination ifindex of 0.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken