[c-nsp] 6500/Sup720 SXI3 VTY issues

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Mar 12 13:06:53 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 18:06 -0500, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> On 2010-03-11, at 4:47 PM, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> > Can you access the other VTY lines from another port, via rotary?
> >
> > line vty 13
> >  rotary 1
> >  exit
> > !
> >
> > and then "telnet <host> 3001".
>
> No, although even after I disconnected the sole telnet session, which
> should have allowed me to connect, I still got connection refused.
> Perhaps this rotary config isn't complete.  Never done that before, so
> I don't really know how it is supposed to behave normally.

The configuration maps line vty 13 to port 3001. No further
configuration is needed.

If the connection is refused, line vty 13 is busy. That's congruent with
all the other show commands, so no further information there.

Another try: Can you create a bunch of extra VTY lines and see if
they're accessible?

 line vty 20 29
  <regular aaa/login commands>
  exit
 !

What would show line say for these? You can use the "rotary <X>" command
to reach them on port 3000 + X. Several lines can share a rotary group.

A reload might solve the problem, but that's probably not an easy
fix. :-)

--
Peter