[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Mar 15 06:28:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:54:54AM -0700, Ben Basler (bbasler) wrote:
> The question is if the ingress linecard has a DFC3B/BXL or DFC3C/CXL or
> a CFC (and if a CFC if the Sup is a PFC3B/3BXL or PFC3C/3CXL). You might
> be hitting CSCtb41832 which from what I understand will be resolved in
> SXI4 and only applicable to 3C/CXLs.

Sounds complicated :-)

 - problematic router:
    ingress line card is 6724-SFP with CFC
    egress line card is 6708-10GE with DFC-3CXL
    supervisor is a Sup720-10G-XL  (PFC3C/XL)

 - lab router, where I can not reproduce this:
    ingress, egress and supervisor is Sup720-10G-XL (PFC3C/XL)
    no DFC or CFC involved

Mmmh.  Reading up on the bug, I'm fairly sure that our case handler is
not going to find it (as it doesn't mention "STP") - but it certainly
smells similar "some special case PDUs are not being transported".

Can you share more details on the combination of PFC and CFC that triggers
this?  (In any case: thanks a lot for this pointer!)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de