[c-nsp] Need process info "MFI LFD Stats Pr"

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Mar 15 11:47:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 10:54 -0400, krunal shah wrote:
> Does anyone know what MFI LFD Stats process of vs-s720-10g with SXI3
> code do??One my client has high CPU on the 6500 switch doing MPLS VPN

A bit of googling reveals that "MFI LFD" is an acronym for "MPLS
Forwarding Infrastructure, Label Forwarding Database".

> I know this is due to interrupt processing on RP. Does this process
> involved in any LDP packets processing??

The MFI LFD process isn't interrupt processing, though your switch does
a lot of that. The MFI LFD process seems more busy than what I see on
our boxes though. Do have have high label churn of some sort that could
explain this?

If you're experiencing problems it probably primarily related to the
interrupt switching. You should look into that seperately.

--
Peter