[c-nsp] Assigning a static IPv6 address to a PPP session

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Mar 15 13:30:42 EDT 2010

Victor Lyapunov <victor.lyapunov at gmail.com> writes:

> Using the Radius-Attribute Cisco-AVPair = "ipv6:prefix#1=2001:1::/64 0
> 0 onlink autoconfig" the router can statically define the prefix
> assigned through the DHCP-PD to the CPE
>
> I cannot find the appropriate Radius-Attribute for statically defining
> the IPv6 address for the CPE's PPP interface.
>
> Does anyone knows how to define through radius the IPv6 address that
> can assigned to a PPP user?

We are using Framed-IPv6-Prefix + Framed-Interface-Id (RFC 3162) to
achieve this with Juniper ERXes. The Framed-Interface-Id is used by
IPV6CP and Framed-IPv6-Prefix is used by SLAAC.  Together they force a
full /128 static adress on the ppp-interface.

I assume something similar is possible with Cisco boxes.

Bjørn