[c-nsp] Multicast Core

Tony Bunce tonyb at go-concepts.com
Tue Mar 16 13:28:58 EDT 2010

The total of the multicast sources is 4Gbps so I don't think a 7200 would work unfortunately.  The router would mostly serve as a IGMP querier and would only ever route 2-3 streams at a time, so I think my worst case would be sum of all sources + 3 streams

The 4948 says "Hardware-based wire-speed multicast management" but I'm not sure if that is marketing speak for "igmp snooping" or "hardware multicast routing".  A 6500 seems like overkill but that might be my only option.

Thanks,
Tony