[c-nsp] IPv6

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 15:06:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

> Peter: your mail server needs IPv6...  puck has (again), since about half
> a year or so, but your mail server delivered over IPv4...

>         by puck.nether.net (8.14.4/8.12.9) with ESMTP id o2GM1tCq084058
>
> "one small step at a time" :-)

;-)

this is how we've been doing some of it.  IPv6 enable our DNS, RADIUS
servers etc and get that used.... IPv6 enable some of our resources...
most of the daemons/servers out there will happily use IPv6 if the host
is enabled....and most of them even follow the RFC and PREFER the IPv6
over the IPv4.  slowly , but surely, request arrive..and are answered..in
IPv6 instead of IPv4.  fundamentally, on that level at least, there is
no difference.  oh , apart from all your old systems that use IPv4
ACL and allow constructs.

alan