[c-nsp] VAM2+ Performance

Luan Nguyen luan at netcraftsmen.net
Wed Mar 17 14:20:56 EDT 2010

The DMVPN design guide has better numbers:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/DMVPN_4_Pha
se2.html
Yours sounds about right if you meant 40Mbps of encrypted traffic.
Typically, not sure about the G1, but with the G2/VAM2+ combination, IMIX
would get you ~80Mbps GRE/IPSEC with ~90%CPU
The VSA has much better performance BTW.

Regards,

Luan Nguyen
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen, LLC.