[c-nsp] top of rack switch recommendations

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Mar 17 15:54:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:38:58 -0700, you wrote:

> Hey Alex - It looks like you'd want the enhanced IOS if dealing at all with
> IPv6...I just compared the two on Cisco's "accurate" software advisor and
> IPv6 features only appear in IP Services:

That is wrong.

IPv6 features have been moved as part of the 'IPv6 reformation', where
an IPv6 feature exists where the same feature exists for IPv4 (e.g.
IPv6 static routes are in IP Base, just like IPv4 and OSPFv3 is in IP
Services, just like OSPF for IPv4).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_bulletin_c25_542214_ps6553_Products_Bulletin.html

-A