[c-nsp] Sup720 CoPP, limits on CPU performance

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Mar 22 15:45:05 EDT 2010

Dropping all remaining IP leads to some odd behavior since traffic not destined for the router can get process switched, that traffic would get dropped.  It is better to drop unsolicited traffic aimed at router interface ips. And rate limit the remaining traffic to some reasonable level to allow process switched traffic to get through.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect
Viawest Inc.