[c-nsp] Sup720 CoPP, limits on CPU performance

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Mar 24 05:06:09 EDT 2010

On (2010-03-24 08:39 +0000), Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> >  There is no way to make IOS GSR undossable,
>
> This is incorrect.  iACLs work just fine to protect GSRs, and every other hardware-based platform.

Agreed. Just CoPP, rACL won't do it in GSR/IOS. So if you can create ACL on
each and every interface of relevant, you're home golden. I'd say often
this is not feasible, which is why we have rACL and CoPP.
Of course if you are running older linecards, ingress ACL may not have
hardware, but is purely in software (E0, E1).

--
  ++ytti