[c-nsp] ASR 1002-F BGP table size

Mounir Mohamed Ali mounirmohammad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 05:50:28 EDT 2010

HI Rick,

Unfortunately you are limited to the vendor's portfolio, both giants (Cisco
and Juniper ) has similar portfolios.
Cisco ASR1002/4/6 and Juniper M71/M10 will provide you with multi-gig
bandwidth, if they do not meet your budget or it's beyond your bandwidth
needs you will fall back to a processing based routers like 7200 where there
is no Control/Forwarding planes separation and it is running monolithic IOS.