[c-nsp] vrf-aware ipv6 multicast

Alexandr Gurbo kron at linkey.ru
Wed Mar 24 10:47:24 EDT 2010

If I place ipv6 address in global routing table - all work. I can see my test video file via ipv4 and ipv6 multicast streams. How about ipv6 multicast in VRF? May be it work in SRE(my tests in SRD3)? anyone knows?
May be you right Phil...

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:36:21 +0000
Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 24/03/10 11:57, Alexandr Gurbo wrote:
> >
> > I can't found commands to enable ipv6 multicast routing in VRF. In
> > ipv4 networks it is - "ip multicast-routing vrf iptv". May be command
> > to enable ipv6 multicast routing in VRF do not need?
> >

> > Please advice good datasheet for implementing dual stack multicast
> > solution with vrf-aware.
>
> I don't think IPv6 VRF multicast is available.
>
> It's a shame.
>
> I guess the main reason is that, for MPLS, an IP-IP tunnelling format
> was specified (GRE-over-multicast between MPLS PEs). Presumably that
> work has not been done for IPv6.
>
> I guess there's no IPv6 VRF-lite either, because so few platforms
> support ipv6 vrf-lite.

Alexandr Gurbo
+7 812 7407070 int.3305