[c-nsp] Sup720 CoPP, limits on CPU performance

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Mar 24 12:02:08 EDT 2010

On (2010-03-24 15:49 +0000), Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> > Typical MPLS based network, packet is label swithed to egress PE, so no ACL in the middle.
>
> I'm not used to seeing lots of networks which are MPLS all the way to a collapsed layer-3/-2 gateway in an IDC, are you?

I can't speak of this generally, but I find it cost effective not having to
deploy separate devices for separate functions. Being able to deploy
customers outsourced internal servers living inside VPN cloud (e.g.
exchange) and their external servers (e.g. website) in same router.  Then
again, we may be early adopters, having ran even INET fully MPLS switched
since 1998.

--
  ++ytti