[c-nsp] Unified IOS (15.x) and feature based licensing model

joe mcguckin joe at via.net
Wed Mar 24 14:40:49 EDT 2010

As far as I'm concerned, license-key  enforced feature sets are another reason to seriously look at other vendors.
One of the main reasons we settled on using Cisco products 15 years ago was that you could manage their products with
a laptop and a serial port. No GUI's, no client software required.

| You may want to look at Cisco License Manager (www.cisco.com/go/clm)

Suppose you're at a site and need to replace a defective router - and you have no internet access until it is replaced...

Also, you *do* realize that CLM is a MS Windows app.

There isn't a single windows machine in our company...

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications

joe at via.net
650-207-0372 cell