[c-nsp] Sup720 CoPP, limits on CPU performance

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Mar 24 22:44:30 EDT 2010

While we were crafting the first COPP draft for OPSEC we did have a lot
of debate about how/if/when we could couple COPP with iACL's. Our
decision was to keep it minimalistic and simplistic to "Router Control
Plane Protection" aka: COPP for the illustration.

I was thinking that a good iACL Informational would be good and it was
mentioned in the WG meeting last night again.

I saw this:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/opsec/draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security/

I'm not sure why it didn't move further. I'll see what I can find out.

Rodney