[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Mar 26 12:40:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 08:26:12AM +1000, David Hughes wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for the update.
>
> On 23/03/2010, at 8:47 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > The problem could be reproduced with our combination of ingress/egress
> > modules in the TAC lab, and a bug ID has been assigned: CSCtf77954=
>
> So TAC confirmed it's specific to the linecards in use as well as the
> IOS version?  I don't want to trip over this problem.

TAC said it's specific to the *egress* line card (6708 with DFC-3CXL),
and they suggested, as a workaround, to use the 10G ports on the Supervisor
engine instead (Sup720-10G-3CXL).  We didn't test this (used a workaround
via a different router).

They also said that the bug will be fixed in SXI4, to be released in July.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de