[c-nsp] quick spanning tree question

Billy Guthrie bg at billyguthrie.com
Sat Mar 27 10:48:41 EDT 2010

Cord,

You are not providing enough details to help you troubleshoot the issue.With
the information
you have provided is unfortunately not enough. We can only make assumptions
at this point.
How many switches are involved in this STP Domain, what is the status of all
links to the Root
Bridge. Assuming you have you have 3 switches, 2 (sw01/sw02) at the top and
one (sw03) at the bottom.
The port from the top right switch connecting to sw03 port gi1/46 would have
to be in
a blocking state as sw03 port 1/46 is desg FWD; however, if the link between
the top left and
right switch (sw01/sw02) was down(or blocking/Disabled), gi1/46 would be in
Desg FWD.

Maybe the link between sw01 and sw02 has been disable for some violation,
port could be in
a STP inconsistent state.

Good luck
Billy