[c-nsp] PFR Question

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Sun Mar 28 13:32:32 EDT 2010

Jack,
PfR gives the customer control. Basically makes it so the CE can monitor and make decisions about reachability for high value destinations. Doesn't matter what the provider is doing, although the customer should be paying for appropriate SLA's if they are required. The core should do what is necessary to meet the customer requirements. The customer can then purchase service from 2 providers and use PfR to reroute over the other in the instance of a brownout, or high jitter, latency, or whatever your concerned about.

David