[c-nsp] Need input for router purchas

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 21:25:21 EDT 2010

You know that NEBs has different levels of compliance ?
http://www.nebs-faq.com/what_is_nebs_level_3.htm

If this is for a short term ( 1 month or 6 ? )
do you REALLY need a super duper studly box ?
Are you going to have to do the conversion from an OC circuit or can you get
this in a gigE ?
Carriers have adopted over the last few years and optical is not always the
only choice
If you could get away with gigE you could buy a 3845 w/gig of ram for under
5K - I have a 3845 in test lab w/2 1GB and some optical.

7201s can go to 2 gb ram and have a PA slot

Are you going to be doing POS, ATM, ????.  Is your rendundancy requirements
2 holes in one box ? 2 boxes ?
Is the interface OC12 but with a lower pps requirements ?
If you could get away with a 7206 shoot me an email  I may have one or two I
could lend if they would work