[c-nsp] Need input for router purchase

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 31 17:09:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 01:40:33PM -0700, Stephen Cobb wrote:
> Mike's GSR idea would definitely be something to consider as well...since
> you'd get a nice bang-for-your-buck on anything SONET. For example, a 4-port
> OC12 blade (4OC12X/POS-I-SC-B,
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps6342/product_data_sheet0900aecd803fd7b9.html)
>  would run you less than a couple grand.

What engine revision is that?

As of today, I wouldn't buy anything that has problems with IPv6 - the
gear will be in service for 3 or 5 years, and what are you going to do
if your customers demand IPv6 next year?

(See other thread for GSR engines that do IPv6 well and those that don't)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de