[c-nsp] Cisco GSR Chokes on BGP

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed May 5 00:19:49 EDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Michael K. Smith wrote:

> It looks like you only have 256 Mb of Packet Ram.  You should probably
> upgrade to 512 MB. I run multiple full peers on 3 port GE cards with no
> trouble, but they are all set to 512/512.

Engine 2 linecards has a max of 256 megs of route memory, so I think
you're confusing this with the 4 port Engine 3 ones which indeed takes
more ram.

And did you indeed mean packet ram, why would the packet memory be
important in this case? If it's a number of routes problem, it's route
memory that should be the point.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps167/products_tech_note09186a00801e1dbe.shtml#dram-route-mem>

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se