[c-nsp] C3750E 10GE Interface: Problem with L2 broadcast/ARP

Christian Schuler cschuler at pironet-ndh.com
Thu May 6 10:46:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm debugging for some time on a problem with ARP resolution in our
datacenter environment. I found out that ARP requests are not forwarded
on one particular 10GE trunk interface, which is therefore unusable.
With a monitor and wireshark I see the ARP request coming in and going
out on all other ports, but not on Te1/0/2. Actually there are no L2
broadcast packets at all on this port.

We already made a software upgrade on the switch, with no improvement,
now we run:
WS-C3750E-48TD     12.2(52)SE

Has anybody an idea what is wrong ?

Port config is: