[c-nsp] Sup7203BXL in 7600 versus 6509

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu May 6 14:21:21 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 10:55 -0700, Rick Kunkel wrote:
> Probalby a silly question... I've done some cursory looking, and figured
> it might just be quicker to ask...

It often is, but it can stir up some trouble asking. :-)

> Will a Sup7203BXL from a 7600 drop nicely into a 6509 with no changes to
> the IOS?  (The 6509 has necessary high speed fan tray, power supplies, and
> all that jazz.)

They're interchangeable, though only IOS 12.2SXF works on both. So if it
runs 12.2SR as a 7600 now, you would have to downgrade to 12.2SXF to
make it work in a 6500 cabinet. You could then upgrade to SXH/SXI from
there.

Please don't ask why SR doesn't work in a 6500 cabinet, which is
technically probably extremely much like a 7600 cabinet save a sticker
somewhere. :-)

--
Peter