[c-nsp] "Error: Write byte status" SP error on 6500?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Sun May 9 13:31:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

Just got this log message from the SP of a 6500/Sup720:

 May  9 18:45:28.308 CEST: SP: %Error: write byte status 0xA5

Anybody know what that is? The only references I could find was
regarding some ROMMON upgrades; this is from a running box with ~1 year
uptime. It's running 12.2(33)SXI1.

I tried copy to/from all the flash devices ("bootflash:",
"sup-bootdisk:", "disk1:" and "nvram:") to see if it might be related to
those. No errors were encountered and no errors logged. I copy ~60 MB
every time except to/from NVRAM where only a 300 kB was used.

Any input appreciated. :-)

--
Peter