[c-nsp] Routing SSDP for Windows Desktops

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Sun May 9 22:17:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm struggling with getting media device discovery on Windows 7
working across my network.  I have enabled multicast routing & PIM
dense mode on the respective interfaces where the workstations are
located, igmp snooping is enabled, the group 239.255.255.250 exists on
all switches, and I can see that everything is working when I run
"show ip mroute" on the switch.  So the clients have joined the
session, the route exists, but when i look at the network neighborhood
on the workstations, I see nothing, except whatever is on the same
vlan (local workgroup).

Am I missing something?  Or does this just not work?

Oh, and I do not have a server with a domain, just workstations.

Thanks,
Dan.