[c-nsp] FWSM ASR GROUP config ??

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at princeton.edu
Mon May 10 11:58:16 EDT 2010

FWSM running 4.0(6) transparent mode with sup 720 SXI3

I have 3 bridge groups configured on a FWSM and each connects to a different ISP.  Each bridge has an INSIDE and OUTSIDE interface, with the OUTSIDE connected to each ISP.

I currently have all  the INSIDE interfaces in one ASR-GROUP and the OUTSIDE in a different one.

We have had strange problems when one of the ISPs went briefly down and up, and due to the ASR config the FWSM tries to retain the connection state during the DOWN time by looking in the ASR group for the session that is now arrives on a different ISP.

Sometimes one of the ISPs stop working and we have to clear the connection table to get things going again.

Q.   Could I have the ASR GROUPS wrong, and should have both INSIDE and OUTSIDE in same ASR GROUP?   Or only OUTSIDE in ASR GROUP?

I have not yet received an answer from TAC, and the doc does not clarify how it should be configured.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network & Communications Systems
Princeton University